Cooperation with the Statistical Education and Training Center of the National Bureau of Statistics of China
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
In 2008, the Faculty of Economics and Management at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (OvGU) signed an agreement with the Statistical Education and Training Center of the National Bureau of Statics of China (NBS). Subject of the agreement is the education of Chinese students in the International Study Programs of Faculty of Economics and Management at OvGU. The cooperation allows a participation in the Master of Science program in International Economics and Finance and the Master of Science program in Management for selected Chinese students. Due to the success of this cooperation and great interest in academic studies in Germany, the number of students has increased over the years.
The number of participants is strongly limited. In order to join one of the two programs, applications must meet the following requirements:
- Internationally recognized four-year study program in an economics or management field
- Bachelor degree
- An overall score of at least "good" (better than 2.5 according to the German grading system)
- GRE test with a minimum score of 600/148 pts. on the quantitive part and 350/142 pts. on the verbal part or GMAT with a minimun score of 550 pts.
- Participants are expected to arrive in Magdeburg by October 10-01 at the latest
- Basic German language skills
After meeting all requirements, applicants will have an interview with the selection committee of Faculty of Economics and Management of OvGU in Beijing.
German students benefit from this cooperation. They have the opportunity to do an internship in China supported by NBS.
Business School Magdeburg
Both parties extended the cooperation in 2011. Chinese applicants have the opportunity to participate in an English two-year MBA program which is organized by Business School Magdeburg. During the first year, students attend lectures, whereas the second year is scheduled for two seminars and the master's thesis. Additionally, there is a chance to take part in excursions to companies and in invited talks of important company managers and leading representatives of public institutions.
The number of participants is strongly limited. In order to join the MBA program, applicants need to successfully pass an interview with the selection committee of Faculty of Economics and Management of OvGU. Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree of an internationally recognized four-year study program
- At least a two-year professional experience
- Sufficient language skills in English